Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tasty Thursday: Pot Roast

Happy Thursday!!!!

OK So as promised, it's recipe day.  Awhile back I decided to make a pot roast.  The recipe I based mine off of is from this blog.  I chose not to put onions in mine or celery.  You can see my ingredients listed below.  I used a rub that was a garlic and onion medley, salt, pepper, and flour and put it in a ziploc.  Then I browned it in a pan with olive oil first to get some of the fat off.   


 Clean CrockPot ready for cooking!


 Then I put everything in the crock pot on low for 9 hours (potatoes, carrots, and roast.)  I covered with beef broth and red wine and let it go.


 This is what the finished product looked like.  It was super moist and tender and just fell apart.  One thing that I really liked was that the potatoes didn't get too mushy.  The flavor was good and filling and it was enough to make 2 full meals for both of us so that was good.  I would highly recommend making this if you like good, Southern meals that don't take a lot of prep time!
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment