Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Travelin' Tuesday...on Wednesday

Side note: I set this to post yesterday and it didn't. Boo! Nonetheless....

Hi friends!


Something that I'm super passionate about is traveling!  I absolutely love going to new places and seeing new things.  When I was younger, we went to the beach on vacation every summer and I went on field trips to Atlanta or Columbia to the zoo and I think I went to Charleston, SC once or twice on school trips.  I went to Washington, DC and San Antonio on choir tours in high school but I don't really remember much about them (or maybe I just didn't appreciate it at the time!!)  When I graduated from high school, I went on my first trip out of the country to Mexico.  This was absolutely the beginning of my newfound love for traveling and seeing the world.  


I mean how can you not fall in love with new places when you are in a place like this?!  So after that, I decided that I wanted to see all kinds of places.  In college, I would visit my college roommate in Charleston every Christmas break and got into going to concerts in Atlanta a lot.  

A little later on in college, I went to New York on a trip with a Maymester class I took.  I fell in love. 

View from the Top of the Rock

Old Yankee Stadium before they tore it down.

I went to Cancun on a trip with some family friends.  How beautiful is this?!

Isla Mujeres day trip

View from the hotel we stayed at

 I was really close with my freshman roommate, Brittany.  Her dad moved to Seattle to work for Boeing and she decided to go visit him the summer right before senior year of college.  She invited me to go.  I said YES!  It was an amazing experience!


Above: Mt. Rainier from the plane
Below: View from the top of the Space Needle and a view looking up at the Space Needle



Senior Year: Fall Break, I went with two close friends to New York again.  It was so amazing in the fall and made me think about the possibility of living in the big city someday....

Brooklyn Bridge
Central Park ice skating!
Last, but not least, Senior Year: Spring Break, 7 of my friends and I decided to go to Cocoa Beach, Florida for our last hurrah before we graduated!  It was an amazingly fun week and we even got to see one of the last Space Shuttle launches!  See the pics below.


I have been so lucky in my life to be able to see so much and have fallen in love with cities and different places I've been.  Since I graduated from college about 4 1/2 years ago now, I have traveled to visit college friends where they live now and gone to weddings of friends in new towns, and each trip is just as special and unique.  I will post some more in-depth looks at some of the cities I've been to (I recently went on a trip to Chicago with my husband and two of our close friends after a wedding we went to in Illinois!) which was amazing!  So keep an eye out if you're interested and love traveling as much as I do!  

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment